Labels

Sunday, August 28, 2011

90 Second Nutella Chocolate Cake

When my sister showed me this recipe I just *had* to try it. I'm sure everyone can relate to those times after dinner where you think, 'I could really go for some cake right now' but can't be bothered baking? Well this recipe is just perfect for those occasions; you can cook cake less than it takes to make 2 minute Maggi noodles. And not only is it great for satisfying those random cake cravings, but the serving is just right for two (a small serving for two or a massive serving of one depending on how bad you want cake) and it is SO easy for the kids to do too. Can you believe it took longer to write this blog than it did to make the cake? 



Makes 2 small serves or 1 decent serve | Less than 5 minutes
Ingredients 
2 tablespoon Nutella, extra for topping
1 egg, beaten
1 heaping tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
A dash of milk for the topping


1. Put all the ingredients (except for the milk) into a bowl and mix, ensuring there are no flour lumps.


2. Grease a big microwavable bowl or two small bowls (like ramekins) and pour the batter into it. 


3. Place one bowl in the microwave on medium power for 80 seconds and then check for fluffiness. When you are happy with the result, warm up extra nutella and mix with milk to get a runny chocolate to pour over your cake.


Notes and Variations
Now I must emphasis that the '90 second' bit to the title of this recipe is a variable; the power of your microwave, as well as how soft you like your cake, is going to determine this value. When I made this recipe, I was using a 1200 watt microwave so when I mention the timing of zapping this cake into the microwave, please adjust it accordingly to your microwave. 
While the recipe title does say 90 seconds, I didn't like the consistency of the cake when cooked for that long. So it took me a couple of goes to get it to the consistency that I liked, which is what I have written in the recipe. The original recipe, and others like it, did say it would take a few goes before you had something you were happy with. 

** Original recipe from Back to her Roots blog **

No comments:

Post a Comment