Labels

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cookies and Cream Ice-cream Cake with Maltesers and Strawberry

When I think of ice-cream cake, I think of the store-bought Napoletana flavoured cakes with sprinkles on the top. I have come across many ice-cream cake recipes but many failed to appeal to me because they all seemed to take so much effort, or that it required a machine. So when I came across this recipe I thought it was perfect for the lazy cook that I am. So few ingredients, relatively inexpensive ingredients and familiar flavours meant I was keen to try and make my first ice-cream cake! 


Makes for 12 | 15 minutes plus chilling time
Ingredients
1 tub of 2L vanilla ice-cream
2 packets of Maltesers
1/2 packet Oreo cookies, crushed
1 punnet of strawberries, diced and for garnishing

1. Line a cake tin with glad-wrap and cover the base with Maltesers from the two packets.


2. Soften the ice-cream in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Soften the ice-cream to the point where it is still partially frozen but you can still mix and mould. Using a 1200 watt microwave, it took me 1 minute. When softened, mix in strawberries and cookies.


3. Once mixed through, transfer the ice-cream into the cake tin and pat down firmly. Leave in the freezer for the ice-cream to re-set again and serve when ready to eat.



Notes and Variations
This is a really versatile recipe in that you can mix and match the ingredients to create an ice-cream cake you like. The vanilla ice-cream can be replaced with other ready-made flavours and the strawberry can be substituted to other fruits such as frozen raspberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment